Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Heaven Sent


Heaven Sent
Heaven Sent by David N. Walker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed reading Heaven Sent. Had the title not been taken, Mr. walker could have called it Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul. This book is a collection of uplifting, heart warming, and tear-inducing anecdotes, stories, and reflections that the author has taken the time to comment upon.

The stories are all short, wonderful, and well-worth taking the time to read and reflect on. I highly recommend Heaven Sent to anyone who wants to see the wonders of everyday people acting upon their faith, acting selflessly to help their fellow brothers or sisters in need.

I also think Mr. Walker does a disservice to his book by claiming (several times) that the collection is intended primarily for "Born Again" Christians. I believe that the messages of piety, love, humility, chastity, kindness, selflessness, patience, endurance, and patriotism apply to anyone and everyone who reads the stories with an open heart. Personally, I would not hesitate to recommend Heaven Sent to my Catholic friends and family members.

Even though we don't all have the same religious and political views, we all share a God-given life and humanity; and ultimately, that is what is being revealed in Heaven Sent. The most consistent message I got was: God works (miracles) through individuals.

I found myself tearing up more often than I care to admit, and I bet that many readers will, too. I can't say this about many books that I've read, but I am better for having read Heaven Sent.

If you want to find out what is right with the world, why the Bible and God are important and should matter to all of us in this modern, secularized world, you will find this collection Heaven Sent.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets