Saturday, June 27, 2015

Where Were You, Lord - Prayer

I've been inspired lately to write some prayers. Here's the first:

Where Were You, Lord,

I asked,
when I knelt for hours and prayed for your guidance?

The Lord answered:
Did you not feel me in the cool breeze I sent you?

No, Lord. I got cold and went inside.

The Lord replied:
Did you not hear me in the Robin's song?

No, Lord. I found the birdsong distracted my prayer and
I shut the windows.

The Lord replied:
I sent the warm rays of the sun to shine on your face.

But, Lord, I got uncomfortably hot.
So I closed the blinds and turned on the air conditioning.

The Lord replied:
I am here now, and always will be.

No, not right now, Lord.

I've too many things to worry about.

~JT~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets