Friday, September 11, 2020

This is what's wrong

Yep, I'm gonna take out all my frustrations with the world (Covid-19, wearing masks everywhere, house renos, work, not writing, etc) in this blog post.

This is what set me off today:


It's a news item taken from CNN.com

In the run-up to one of the most important elections the American people have ever faced in their short 200-year history as a nation, Kamala Harris' shoes are the hot topic that Americans are "raving" about. I don't want to tell 330 million people what they should or shouldn't be raving about... well, I guess I DO want to tell them what not to rave about, and that would be a politician's shoes.

I mean, really? Look around, America, might there possibly be some other topic that could be more important than fashion. Hmm? Maybe?

Because, otherwise, the rest of the world reads a headline like this and they think that maybe Americans are so vapid, clueless, and superficial that they got exactly what they deserved in President Trump. 

And we all know that can't be right? Can it?

I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets