Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Plea for Church Unity

The Preaching of the Antichrist. Image source: https://fineartamerica.com

I took great comfort in praying the Office of Readings today, Tuesday, April 26, and in knowing that the whole Church was united in reading these same readings.

I thought these words served as a timely reprimand to all the lukewarm and unfaithful clerics and hierarchy of the Church busy doing the Devil's bidding in these difficult times.

"Nevertheless, I have this complaint to make; you have less love now than you used to. Think where you were before you fell; repent, and do as you used to at first, or else, if you will not repent, I shall come to you and take your lamp-stand from its place." - Apocalypse 2:1-11

And the Responsory prayer after the second reading:

℟. I pray for them, that they may all be one, that they too may be one in us, as you, Father, are in me, and I in you. I have given them the glory which you gave to me:* that they should all be one as we are one, alleluia.
℣. You have sent me into the world, and I have sent them into the world,* that they should all be one as we are one, alleluia.

Pastors, priests, Bishops, dissenters and troublemakers in the ranks of the clergy, you have been convicted. It is time to observe your priestly vows. Unite in the love of Jesus Christ, and in doing so you will strengthen the Body of Christ.

Remember that when you disagree with each other (especially in public) you are doing Satan's work, since he is the father of lies and the cause of all disunity and division.

The laity begs you, clean up your act, renew your faith, and lead us back to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets