Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: Burning Embers


Burning Embers
Burning Embers by Hannah Fielding

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I've just returned from a most wonderful trip where I visited beautiful and exotic 1970s Kenya!

No, I didn't really time travel, but I did the next best thing: I read Hannah Fielding's sizzling novel: Burning Embers. The historical romance pits Coral, a headstrong, jealous English photographer, against Rafe, a well-known French womanizer and suspected scoundrel with a nefarious past. There's an immediate physical attraction between the two, but their current circumstances, and troubled personal histories, threaten to keep them apart forever.

Ms Fielding has expertly wielded her plotting and descriptive skills in bringing to life this sub-Saharan love story. And by rendering the exotic scenery and setting with careful and convincing detail, the author puts the reader right on the African continent and involves us in Coral and Rafe's tense romantic adventures.

I thoroughly enjoyed this nostalgic trip on a foreign continent, and I would recommend it to any romance reader experiencing a serious case of wanderlust.

Readers can connect with Hannah Fielding at: http://www.hannahfielding.net

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets