Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Sick Puppy


Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Laugh out loud funny!

The best reason I enjoy reading Carl Hiaasen novels is because I will never be able to conceive of plots (and characters) such as his.

In Sick Puppy he has... let me see if I can recall most of these characters: a prostitute whose clients are Republicans, a self-sufficient eco-terrorist, a slob lobbyist/big game hunter, a rogue former Florida Governor, a killer with a 9-1-1 call fetish (among several other fetishes), a black Labrador (one of the Sick Puppies alluded to in the title), an entrepreneur with an unnatural love of Barbie dolls, two Eastern bloc real life Barbie dolls, and so on. This list barely touches the cast of interesting characters.

Readers will enjoy Hiaasen's sense of humor, his quirky characters, and his convoluted plots (which are surprisingly easy to follow!)

Although they pretty much all do, this particular Hiaasen novel reminded me of Donald Westlake's books.

A well-written and entertaining read!

~JT~


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets